Types of Licenses Offered
- Single-program license - If you are planning to only offer one program, a single-program license is the most economical.
- Multiple-program license - Many of our licensed organizations wish to offer more than one program. With our multiple-program license, you may offer any of our licensed programs for a flat fee. The fee is based on how many total workshops you plan to offer annually, regardless of which ones. For example, you may obtain a multiple-program license for CDSMP, Tomando Control de su Salud, and both English and Spanish Diabetes, and pool the total number of workshops for your license.
- Umbrella license - If you are planning to operate as an umbrella organziation for other organizations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Upgrade a License
If you started with a single-program license but now wish to upgrade to a multi-program license, you may complete the upgrade license form.
View a Sample License Application
View a Sample License
- The term of the licenses is 3 years.
- An annual report is required each year from any licensed organization.
- Whether you are receiving training from an SMRC Trainer or a non-SMRC Trainer, your organization must first obtain an SMRC license.
- If your organization is receiving training from a non-SMRC Master Trainer or T-Trainer, you must obtain your license from SMRC PRIOR to the training.
- All master trainings must be registered with SMRC and a training payment is required.
- It is the responsibility of the Master Trainers or T-Trainers who conduct the training to:
- Inform the organization(s) being trained of the need to obtain a license from SMRC prior to the training
- Inform SMRC of the organization(s) needing the license.
- Inform the organization that the Master Training must be registered with SMRC before the training is offered.
- These conditions apply regardless of whether the training is for their own organization or another.
- If these responsibilities are not carried out, then the Master Trainers or T-Trainers will be responsible for all licensing and training fees. They may also lose their certification to continue in the role of Master Trainer or T-Trainer.