In-Person Training at SMRC
Four and a half-day Master Trainer trainings for Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (CDSMP) are offered in the San Francisco Bay Area. In-person CDSMP master training is a prerequisite for training in our other programs.
Current In-Person Trainings
Chronic Disease Self-Management Trainings
- February 4-8, 2019 FULL
- June 3-7, 2019*
- September 9-13. 2019*
- December 3-7, 2019* (this training is Tuesday-Saturday)
* = tentative, based on minimum enrollment
To register, go to the TRAINING CALENDAR and select "In-Person Training"
- Fill out the online registration form, and pay by credit card, check, wire transfer or PO by the deadline.
- You will receive a training confirmation email when your payment is received, your spot is confirmed, and the training has met minimum enrollment so that you can make travel arrangements.
- Make travel arrangements (NOTE: Do NOT make travel arrangements until you receive your confirmation!)
- Your organization must purchase as license before any training. Please see our Licensing page for more information.
- Enrollment is strictly limited to 24 per training, on a first come, first served basis, and a minimum enrollment number must be reached before a training is confirmed.
- Each person attending the training must have his/her own application, even if they will be attending at the same time and representing the same organization.
- In order to assure a place in training, submit your application and payment for your tuition as soon as possible, as the trainings sometimes fill months beforehand.
- The first 24 complete applications with payment in full for a specific training we receive will be guaranteed a spot if the minimum enrollment number is reached.
- We strongly encourage agencies to send at least two trainees, one or both a lay person with chronic disease, since all workshops are facilitated by two trainers. You will not be able to implement your program without at least 2 people trained.
- Tuition is nonrefundable after the application deadline. [Refund Policy]
To see a list of nearby hotels, click, click here.
Lunch will be served the first four days of training.
Airports - We are located near both the San Francisco and San Jose International Airports. Most people find the San Jose Airport slightly more convenient.
Transportation from Airports - Airport shuttles that bring you to Palo Alto usually require a reservation.
- American Airport Services 1-800-494-0214 or 650-494-0200
- BayPorter Express 877-467-1800 toll free www.bayporter.com
- Silicon Valley Airporter 408-482-4415
- South & East Bay Shuttle (SJC only) 1-800-548-4664 or 408-225-4444
- Shuttle Wizard https://shuttlewizard.com/
- SuperShuttle (SFO only) 415-558-8500 www.supershuttle.com.
Participants or attendees needing special arrangements to accommodate a disability may request special services by indicating their requests on the registration form. Participants with dietary requests may also indicate so on the form. We will do our best!
Palo Alto and Beyond
There is a lot to see near our Palo Alto base!
The San Francisco Bay Area: San Francisco, San Jose, Redwood National Park or the coast. Monterey and Carmel-By-The-Sea are also wonderful day trip destinations.
Shopping: There is a shopping center that includes Bloomingdale’s, Macy's, Nordstrom, and Nieman-Marcus, as well as a myriad of smaller, upscale shops and restaurants in a beautiful, garden setting.